Saturday 18 April 2009

I want the blindingly cute to confide in me......




So I'm going to be posting some music/films/pictures that I think are fucking awesome, for no other reason than, they're fucking awesome and you always have room for some more awesome shit in your life! The photo above is by San Fran based artist and photographer Merkley??? I first discovered this guys work after he did the press shots for one of my favourite Dj/producers Claude vonstroke which you can see here.
Merkely??? creates his amazing supersaturated images using nothing more than ordinary cameras, available lighting and the magical photoshop. His artwork is even more surreal than his photo's and I literally have spent hours just staring at his website which you can find here.





Native from eerie Indiana combine kinsella style riff tappery with youth crew shout alongs and dance worthy basslines. To put it simply these guys fucking own. Their debut e.p. we delete; erase, has not left my c.d. drive since I got it (over a week ago) and I have been eratically shouting their lyrics at my computer screen all week. They're on sargent house records (These arms are snakes, daughters, this town needs guns) in america and big scary monsters records (pulled apart by horses, tubelord, meet me in st.louis) will be releasing "We Delete; Erase" on April 20th in the UK and Europe. If you like the track below please buy the record from big scary monsters webstore as record sales in the uk will greatly increase the chances of the band doing some uk shows and I for one definately want to see these guys in my town.

Native- Ride the tide

No comments:

Post a Comment