Sunday 19 April 2009

li wei what the fuck?




Seriously how does this guy take these photo's?


Li Wei is a 37 year old performance artist from beijing who has traveled all over the world creating his amazing death defying photos. Check out his work here.

I work as a sound engineer for a well know music venue chain in the uk ( I'm sure you can work it out there is only one after all!). This is an awesome job MOST of the time as I get to listen to loads of bands meet awesome people and take time off whenever I want. However there is a down side, this being the fact that 80% of the bands that I have to listen to and engineer are complete shit and wonder why no sound will come out of their guitar amp when they have plugged into the bass amp next to it (I shit you not this actually happened!) So it's always awesome when I get into work thinking that I'm going to have a shit shift, due to the fact I haven't heard of any of the bands playing and I find a new band I fucking love.
Strange news from another star are a three piece band from Cardiff which combines refused style riffs with off beat at the drive in drums and early future of the left style vocals. Their live shows consist of boiler suits, an elevated bass player (he stands on a stool) and guitar thrashing dance moves. The e.p. double denim: full frontal is awesome however it doesn't really capture the raw energy this band gives off in a live performance so buy the c.d and definitely catch them live!

Strange news from another star- letter from the queen

Tonight I'm mixing Mc lars, Failsafe and a new day who are awesome check em out!




A new day- koko ni dare mo imasen

No comments:

Post a Comment