Tuesday 12 May 2009

brown paper white paper stick em together with the tape.....






.....The tape of loooove! Mark khaisman created these fucking stunning pictures using nothing but sticky tape!!! Time consuming and I can imagine extremely frustrating (loosing the end), mark layers sticky tape onto plexi-glass panels to create pieces that look like what I imagine neo would have seen in the matrix had he been slightly colour blind. Check out the rest of his work here.

Went to the pop punk party at the old blue last week, nostalgia ensued........
I haven't heard some of the tracks they played in ages and it made me weep with joy and sweat.....mostly sweat. So here is a run down of the albums that I remember getting played

Walked in the place after being thoroughly search by the doorman (my friend almost didn't make it inside due to some "suspicious looking" vitamin tablets he had on him!) and they were playing ruby Soho! Not pop punk at all but still awesome tune got me singing straight away and reminded me how much I love rancid. I bought out come the wolves at the age of 14 whilst holidaying in Florida, every time I listen to this album it reminds me of hot sun, Florida beaches and being young, completely awesome summer album!
get it here.

They played loads off this album which was fine by me! Holiday and action &action had me singing the loudest though!
find it here.

You vandal was in my head alllllll fucking day so when they played it I almost fell out of my seat. goood times! This is probably my favourite saves the day album as it definitely captured the band at it's best and with the best line up!
Find it here.

Classic classic album got me and a whole generation of kids through high school. I love the lo-fi charm of this album something that the band seemed to lose as they got bigger, in my view definitely one of their best albums!
find it here.

"I keep on laughing and you're keeping track and tonight I'll go back to the place I first knew that I'd wait for you always on streets and in doorways where engines they die near the northeastern line and you mentioned a record that reminded me of a week that you couldn't get things out of your head" I heard this from outside whilst having a cigarette, ran inside, high fived the DJ and lost my shit! I love lifetime.
find it here.

The night was fucking awesome I'm definitely going again next month the only thing that pissed me off is the fact the DJ had no brand new! A pop punk night with no brand new...honestly!?!? Just to be clear I have not uploaded any of this music I just found links to these albums on other blogs mmmmmmkay:?





Will Arnett is fucking awesome.

Solutions are a 3 piece punk rock band from Cardiff, who as well as being a fucking rad band are awesome guys to boot! The band, who sound like tom gabel fronting, won era, as friends rust boiling in a pot of hot water music (check out my creative writing pun skillz) are one of the most refreshing punk bands to come out of Cardiff in a long time. They have just finished recording a few tracks with carl bevan which I believe they will be releasing soon as an e.p. which everyone should definitely buy! Here's my favourite track of theirs:

Solutions-I fight tigers

No comments:

Post a Comment