Sunday 17 May 2009

The decline of western civilization



I really do not get why anybody would find getting this wasted fun! It's fucking disgusting, this weekend binge drinking culture is turning men into primitive apes and women into uninhibited cum dumpsters. Why certain people are unable to enjoy alcohol and drugs in moderation is beyond me, this does not happen in other countries so why here? These pictures were taken by polish photographer Maciej Dakowicz in my home town of Cardiff, in a recent newspaper article maciej, who has spent the last 4 year documenting british nightlife, commented:

"Everywhere I go I like to take pictures of the people and surroundings. I had never seen such scenes in Poland or any other country I had visited before. What I have seen in my time in the UK has been something completely new to me."

Maciej is releasing his photographs in a book called Cardiff at night.

Check out Maciej's flickr here.

Free agents is a 6 part comedy series that aired in march of this year. I decided to give it a watch because Matthew Holness (Garth marenghi's dark place) plays one of the characters in the series and he is a funny funny guy! The series as a whole is not amazing but it does have some really funny laugh out loud moments usually involving Anthony head. Here is the whole series give it a watch if your bored and in the mood for some non cringey rom com laughs:

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6


Deep elm records have released another awesome free 16 track sampler of all of their new bands! The sampler is called bonfire of trust and features bands like moving mountains, dartz! and ride your bike. They are also offering up a new emo is awesome emo is evil compilation that has classic tracks by appleseed cast, camber and sounds like violence on it! check them out here. Here are some of my favourite tracks from the two compilations:

Sounds like violence- you give me heart attacks

Fire divine- Reputation outlives application

Track a tiger- Light (I'm a sucker for the french language)

Speaking about me being a sucker for the french language, you know when you see somebody, in a band or in a magazine or on the Internet and you just think to yourself, Man If only I could meet that person and speak to them then I just know......I KNOW that I would be able to kidnap them, hide them under my bed and make them my wife. Only joking I do love me some coeur de pirate though! Her voice is like pure silk and I can't think of anything better to listen to on a Sunday afternoon. If she does not tour the UK soon I'm moving to Canada so I can stalk and kidnap her there........kidding kidnap is wrong please don't arrest me. Check out her myspace here.

Coeur de Pirate || Comme des enfants from Dare To Care Records on Vimeo.

Eastbound and down is a new TV series starring and written by Danny McBride. It's about this washed up pro baseball player who after falling from grace has to move back to his home town to live with his brother and his brothers family. If you like Will Ferrell style comedy you will fucking love this! Check out some clips from the show below:




No comments:

Post a Comment