Sunday 3 May 2009

When the catholic girls go camping, the nicotine vampires rule supreme!

I'm slacking I know! I've been busy as fuck at work this week and at some points felt like crying..... my p.a stopped working half way through a packed gig, sound engineering can be fucking stressful! I got to mix some awesome bands though like.......

Cancer bats
Rolo tomassi
The plight
Pulled apart by horses
The old romantic killer band
who were supported by an awesome new band called will it fly? I will be blogging about them as soon as they sort out a recording!




Most people know who Richard Kern is, but for those of you who do not, he is the man with literally the best job ever. Kern grew up in new york at a time when the art scene was exploding, he ran a zine called the heroin addict, hung out with artists/musicians like Lydia Lunch, Henry rollins, kim gordon and made videos for bands like sonic youth and the butthole surfers. He wrote and directed many low budget 8mm films in the 1980's which mainly focused on sexual fetish and violence, which led him, along with a few others to become a main pioneer of the cinema of transgression movement. Since the 1990's he has mainly just been doing awesome still photography work, which judging from his vbs show consists of him getting beautiful models high and naked while taking photo's of the proceedings.......bastard.
Check out his website here
check out his vbs show here.

Possibly THE creepiest non fictional thing I have ever seen. Louie Theroux and his film crew go to a mental facility for ex-convicted sexual deviants in California and witnesses a Halloween celebration where they film something I have been having nightmares about for a week now. Here's a video of clips I edited from the documentary.



Here's a link to the whole documentary.

Giraffes? giraffes! are a 2 piece math/prog rock band from Massachusetts who met in college and released their 2nd album titled more skin with milk mouth in december of 2007. It's awesome! It reminds me of early truckers of husk with a touch of the more crazy side of sikth. Have a listen and then buy the record it's sick believe me!

When the catholic girls go camping, the nicotine vampires rule supreme!

Buy the record here.


I finally got to watch this film the other day after deciding not to attend last years frightfest and fuck me it is harsh. I mean really harsh I literally had to turn away from the screen in parts, but if your going to make a shocking horror film you should do it right and Pascal Laugier really surpassed himself. I now cannot wait for the new hellraiser film which he has written and directed let's hope hollywood hasn't turned him into a pussy.

martyrs 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment